Friday, July 11, 2014

My Personal Readathon #3: Idul Fitri Holiday 2014

In my country, Indonesia, Idul Fitri is the biggest national holiday. This year, we would have nine days holiday, from 26th July to 3rd August (yay!), and so, I think it would be a perfect time for another (long) personal readathon…



There are two books which I am very excited to read from my August schedule:




The first one is obvious, because it’s another Zola! :) But the second book would be my first encounter with Edith Wharton. Like Zola, she was a naturalist, so, it will be very interesting to read them one after the other.

Right now I am in the middle of Edward Gibbon’s The History of the Decline and Fall of Roman Empire and Umberto Eco’s Foucault’s Pendulum, but I think I would have finished both before the holiday. As Zola’s The Debacle would be my first choice for the readathon, I might start it earlier, if I have finished my present reading before the 26th. I don’t have any reading target, and will just enjoy the readings; I’m so… excited!

What about you? Will you be on holiday too at the last week of July? Are you planning on having a personal readathon?

2 comments:

  1. A personal readathon sounds pretty good. I have two piles of books, one contains 4 that I am DESPERATE to finish because they're my last four on my Classic Club, and one contains three books that are read-along books that I *want* to read by the end of July, but I'm so hung up on the four.

    AND - this is ridiculous - I forgot about pile 3 - the books I am drawn to (another four books). That's not good that they're at the back of my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...you have quite a lot of piles to read! And are you really 4 books from finishing the Classics Club challenge? It's not challenging enough for you then... :D

      Delete

What do you think?