Friday, January 13, 2017

Back to the Classics 2017

After much (and rather long) consideration, I have decided to participate again in Karen’s Back to the Classics 2017. I have failed my 2015 challenge and skipped the 2016, due to my personal activities. This year I think I would have more time to reading and blogging, and I feel my love of classics need to be nurtured and satisfied once again. 

Hence, here are the nine (of twelve) categories and the books I picked for the challenge (wish me luck!)...



A 20th century classic 

A classic in translation.  
Max Havelaar by Multatuli

A classic published before 1800.
The Iliad by Homer

A Gothic or horror classic. 

A classic about an animal or which includes the name of an animal in the title.  
The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka

 An award-winning classic. 


6 comments:

  1. Love both Whartons. I'm reading BK, too, for one of my challenges. And good luck with Kafka. He's different. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been dreading Kafka for sometime. But this time I don't have many choices; must finish it for my Classics Club list, so...yeah... wish me luck! 😊

      Delete
  2. I love The Woman in White so much! And the House of Mirth :)

    I've got Memoirs of a Fox-Hunting Man for my award-winning classic - I hadn't realised Age of Innocence had won the Pulitzer Prize... I think I may prefer to read Wharton :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually my first encounter with Age of Innocence was not very good, I liked House of Mirth's opening better. But maybe my judgement was biased that day; now I am all ready for my second trial.

      Delete
  3. Yay...I'm a big fan of both Bros K and the Archbishop. I agree with Ruth, Kafka is...different is kind, though I've not read The Metamorphosis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... now I am seriously intrigued about Kafka....

      Delete

What do you think?