Thursday, December 22, 2016

2017 Victorian Reading Challenge

You know how I love challenges. I do. But lately I have so many things in life that I no longer have time to write proper reviews for this blog as usual. I keep reading, though not as much as I have expected. But the reviews are the most challenging part right now.

So, I am very excited to find this Victorian Reading Challenge, firstly because it doesn’t require you to make reviews (yay...thanks Becky!). Secondly because Victorian literature is my favorite, and although I have vowed not to plan my reading for next year, well… I just can’t resist of having a reading list! It’s in my blood, I guess. Like, not knowing what I should read next can make me unsecured. Is it normal? LOL… Anyway, after consulting my reading list, and found that there are several Victorian books in it, I decided to join in.


Victorian Reading Challenge

Duration: January - December 2017
Goal: Read a minimum of 4 Victorian books



I might only take 6 categories (from original 32), but who knows… My original list of 2017 reading consists of 20 books (I am very pessimist at this moment), but if I have finished them before end of year, I would certainly add more Victorians into it. Here’s my plan:

X   5. A new-to-you book by a FAVORITE author: The Earth by Émile Zola
X 11. A book published between 1871-1880: The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
X 16. A book by Charles Dickens: Bleak House
X 17. A book by Wilkie Collins: The Woman in White
X 23. A book translated into English: The Conquest of Plassans by Émile Zola
X 29. Book with a name as the title: Claude’s Confession by Émile Zola

If you are interested too to do this challenge, find out more of the list and rules in Becky’s blog.


2 comments:

  1. This is one of the challenges that I am still considering. I am sure that it would fit right in with some of the books that I plan to read anyway. The Woman in White is on my classics list for instance.
    Best of luck, and lots of enjoyment in 2017.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?